Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Don't funk with my heart

Been busy the last couple of days, too busy to take the time to throw up a post.
 
However, I did get my heart monitor today. I'll be wearing it for two weeks. Its much better than the one I had to wear last time.
 
This one is called an event monitor. Basically, it has a specific set of memory and when you start having palpitations, it records the last 30 seconds prior to pushing the button, and the next 30 seconds after you press it. Then it gets stored in the monitor, it can store up to 4 events. When I record an event, I then go to a phone and do this thing that submits the data. I won't bore you with the details.
 
At any rate, this thing is about the size of a beeper, and thus MUCH more convenient to use. It just sits on my belt buckle and there are only two nodes instead of six or seven. I'll be able to go to the gym, go out, and do whatever I want. It's nice.
 
Hopefully I can get some good data so they actually have something to go over the next time I come into the doctor.
 
Other than that I had a decent weekend. Nothing too much to report.
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home