Tuesday, September 27, 2005

3:29, the headache sets in

So, I'm getting my headache now.
 
I know I said "my headache" but this has been a semi common occurrence since I stopped with the coffee. It usually comes on between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. It's 3:35 right now so it's right on schedule.
 
An interesting side bit to this little battle of mine, I've had an increase in palpitations the last few weeks.
 
I think that might be due to the fact that I was drinking more coffee that I should have. Its interesting though, as to when I get them.
 
I never used to get them when I exercised, never, and I've been having them on and off since I was like 14. I played all sort of sports growing up and never remembered having any after strenuous cardio activity (read soccer and track).
 
I was an avid weight lifter for a few years in college, and have recently started training again. For the last few weeks I was doing cardio to drop some weight, and as usual, nothing happened. Now however, when I lift weights I get the thumps in my chest. Most of the time it's a brief flutter, sometimes it's more.
 
The funny thing is, the harder I'm working, the less I get them. For example, if I'm really busting my ass on my arms or shoulders, nothing, no skips, nada. On another day I do chest and my heart is all over the place.
 
It's scary sometimes, but I've read time and time again that it's normal I guess, and some people like me just have more of them. Everything mentions to cut back on caffeine, and since coffee is a relatively new addition to my daily diet, that's just what I'm going to do.
 
On to greater things!
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home