Monday, October 03, 2005

Today isn't a good day

I try to avoid talking about work on my blog. However, today I have too, but I'm not going to get into specifics, just generalities.
 
I'm not happy here. I don't think I have been for some time. The worst part is that I actually like working with the people I work with, I just don't like my work. I know most people will say "I don't like my job either, you just have to deal with it." I've never bought that line of shit. I'm of the opinion that if you don't like something, and don't do anything about it, then there is no one to blame but yourself.
 
I don't know if I'm going to leave or stick it out. Nothing makes me want to stand up, give my boss the finger, and walk out. It's nothing like that. I'm just not happy with what I'm doing right now and I don't see it chaining in the near future, regardless of what anyone says around here.
 
I'm been in a crappy mood all day, and it started the moment I walked in. Inter office communication is a problem here, and I'm tired of it. This is too small of a company for me to have to deal with how bad it is.
 
At any rate, my weekend was pretty cool. I rented Steam Boy on DVD. It's from the director of Akira, one of my all time favorites. A lot of tough mental and ethical questions throughout the movie. I would have liked more action, but it wasn't too bad. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
 
On the video game front I rented Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike for the XBOX. I wasn't aware that this is an add on of sorts to Ghost Recon 2. It's a Tom Clancy game, which means it tries to be as realistic as possible. I'm not into FPS (first person shooters) all that much usually. Of my game collections I have three, Halo 1 and 2, and Metroid Prime. I don't really consider Metroid Prime a first person shooter either, since it plays so much like an adventure game. Although this is actually a third person shooter, most of the shooting takes place when you're zoomed in, ala first person perspective. The single player missions are hard, it took me five or six tries to beat the first mission. However, once I slowed down and bit and realized that in real life I couldn't take down five artillery cannons, and clear a village of hostile forces in under twenty minutes I was able to beat it. As I said, it's a Tom Clancy game, which means if you shoot someone, they're probably going to die, yourself included. Unless you really graze someone, they're going down. The graphics are pretty good, and the sound can be top notch at times, but sometimes the game play is unbalanced. For example, you have two to three other special forces troops with you on your missions. They are computer controlled and tend to be pretty dumb when it comes to shooting at bad guys. The online play is cool, as long as you're not stuck with a bunch of cheap guys who spawn camp and stuff. I'd give this a 3.5 out of 5 stars.
 
I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Burnout Revenge for the XBOX, but haven't been able to. I'll give a review when I get a chance.
 
I watched the race at Talladega yesterday. It was a good, albeit wreck filled, race. I fell asleep in the middle of it, but not because the race was boring. I had taken a Benedryl and had two or three beers as well. That put me right to bed. I thought Jamie was going to pull it out, but when the caution came out with three to go, I knew he didn't stand a chance. His car wasn't very good on restarts. It was nice to see DJ get the win again. It's been too long for a guy that talented to get a win. I respect his clean racing mentality and DJ truly is one of the "good guys" in NASCAR, one of the few they'll have left after Mark retires this year.
 
I also saw the first episode of TNA Impact on Spike TV. It was pretty good for their first show. It's nice to have something other than WWE to watch for a change. While it wasn't a great show, it was darn good, and much better than what WWE has been putting on. Lets hope everything goes well and none of their big stars get injured.
 
WWE has their 3 hour Homecoming Free PPV tonight on USA. It should be a cool show if not for it just being something different. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the action that's going to go down, including the Edge vs. Matt bout, Foley coming back, and the Stone Cold/Hogan altercation that is bound to happen to start their build toward a Wrestlemania match. However, after this week I don't see WWE putting on a good show again.
 
Got a doctors appointment Thursday for my heart. I want to get my palpitations officially checked out. I thought they were going down but I keep getting them, and it's really starting to get annoying. If I go to the doc and they say "no big deal, you'll just have to deal with it" I'll be cool with that. I've just got to be sure, you know?
 
Enjoy,
-O

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The slayings at DataDyne continue... Does anybody know what's going on?
http://www.perfectdarkzero.com"

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home