Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A second mortgage for gas?

I feel like I’m going to have to take out a second mortgage just to have enough money to pay for the gas it takes me to go to and from work. I thank God every day (well, not literally) that I got this new job at TRS, the extra money I make now makes it much easier to absorb. Add to this that Bebe hasn’t been working full time while student teaching and you can see we’re in a bit of a pinch. Surprisingly, we’ve done much better than I expected. Removing going out to eat once or twice a weekend and that’s 30-60 bucks saved. No going out to eat while at work, other than Fridays, that’s 15-30 bucks saved. A low electric bill since it’s cool enough to open the windows instead of turning on the air, that’s 30 bucks saved. It was the perfect storm, so to speak, this month when it came to saving money. I’ve got about 100 more in the bank than I usually do, and surprisingly found out I can cover all the bills on just my income. However, I also found out that I wouldn’t be able to do anything other than sit with my thumb up my butt if I had to do that, nor could I pay down any of my debt. Fortunately, we won’t have to do this much longer since Bebe starts teaching a new slew of online courses next month, and unexpectedly she’s gotten a lot more work subbing at the high school than we anticipated. Still, this price of gas is getting out of hand and it doesn’t look like it’s going to get any better.

I bought a ticket to the Pepsi 400 yesterday. This will be my third year going. This time Lesko and I put up a pretty penny for out seats, but they should be awesome. We ended up having to pay for a two days pass to get these seats (Daytona is a scam when it comes to buying the best seats, they force you into two or three day passes), but fortunately we get two tickets instead of one pass that covers both races. So, we’re going to sell the Busch seats to get a bit of extra dough. I’m not too keen on going to Daytona two days in a row, and I don’t think I’d make it down there from Atlanta in time anyway. Should be fun and I’m looking forward to what is becoming an annual trip for me.

I beat Kingdom Hearts 2 last night. I can honestly say I’m a little let down. Although the game was top notch, it just felt like it was missing a little something, like it wasn’t quite as deep as the last game was. I think the story was much better this time, and don’t get me wrong on the game; it was a five start title. However, if you have to compare the first one and the second one, I’d say the first one is better and more complete. The ending was nice, and it appears as though the Heartless/Nobody story arc is over. They immediately hinted at a third one as the three main heroes received a letter from the king (Mickey), no doubt informing them or some event that the third installment will revolve around. I look forward to seeing what the characters look like on the next gen hardware of the PS3. There was a secret video at the end of the game as well, they did this on the first one too, that was sort of interesting. There were three people in neato armor with keyblades standing on the giant metal dragon thing you fight. They turn, and there is this shadowy figure off in the distance. The camera zooms out to reveal thousands of keyblades. Looks like the next one will be about the “Keyblade War” or something…looks promising.

I turned RAW on for about five minutes last night and was reminded why I don’t watch WWE anymore. Shawn Michaels is evidently a born again Christian, which I could care less about. Not because he’s legitimately a born again, which I don’t have a problem with, but because they use it on TV which I think is an insult to born agains and other Christians. Anyways, last night God protected Shawn from Vince McMahon’s attack by “striking the ring posts with lighting” and “putting up a wall of fire.” Or at least that is what we are supposed to believe. These are the types of storylines that made me turn away in the first place. TNA, while still minor league wouldn’t do something like this, and fortunately don’t have too to get their wrestlers over. It’s just sad that WWE would do something like this. They were once soooo much fun to watch; now they just suck. Fortunately, I have TNA to watch to get my fix, and quite frankly they have more interesting wrestlers to me anyway.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home