Monday, April 17, 2006

Coming to a close

I bought the game Kingdom Hearts 2 a few weeks ago, I’m pretty sure I mentioned it on here. I’ve put around 40 hours or so into beating it, give or take. Well, it appears as thought I’m at the final boss. I spent about forty minutes fighting him on Sunday before Bebe and I left to go to her parent’s house. Evidently, each time you beat him, he changes form and you have to fight him again. This proved to be a royal pain in the ass.

I did very well up until his final form. At that point the battle changes to just you and your friend, versus the boss. At one point, the boss uses some sort of energy move on you, and you get trapped, forcing you to take temporary control of your friend, of which you must use to free your character. It’s at this point I was killed. When controlling your friend the normal control scheme for the game changed, and you are limited to the commands you must use. While fighting my life got low, and evidently, unlike any other point in the game, I was unable to use any form of healing, so, I got real dead.

Its not so much the fact that I lost which makes me upset, it’s that I have to fight 30 minutes again to get to that same final form and go through that weird battle again, and there’s nothing preventing me from making the same mistake again.

I’ve never been a fan of the multiple form bosses, but will let it slide if they use two. Once you get into three forms of more, without a spot to save in between, it just looses its luster. There should be one big epic battle, not fifteen small battles.

I’ll give it another go tonight, and hope I can beat it. If not, I’ll wait a day or so and try it again. I’d like to beat it this week so I can trade the game in. Final Fantasy 11 comes out for the 360 this week and I’d like to pick that up.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home