Thursday, April 13, 2006

The tables have turned

While I’ve slept very well the last two nights, Bebe has not. She’s not sure why either. Personally, I think its stress. She’s got a lot of variables going on in her life right now, and a lot of uncertainties. While I’m able to just accept when I don’t have control on some things (although it takes a lot of work on my part) she cannot. She’s functions best in a highly structured environment with few variables, and right now, her life is full of variables.

I think, for the most part, there are two big contributors to her worries that are interrelated, money and a job. Right now she doesn’t have a contract for a full time teaching position in the fall. While we’re certain she’ll get one, hopefully at the high school she was student teaching at, until it happens it’s still an uncertainty. That relates directly into the money situation. While student teaching, Bebe didn’t get paid, as is the rule when student teaching. See, most student teachers are still in undergraduate courses when teaching, and therefore get heaps of financial aid to help support them. Since Bebe went to an online college for her teaching degree, they didn’t give cost of living expenses in financial aide, which is dumb considering to student teach full time you can’t work. So, things are tight right now, but not harsh. We’re not able to go out to eat as much, and can’t buy some miscellaneous items, but by no means are we having trouble paying our bills. But, to her, it’s the end of the world, the sky is falling, you know the routine.

I figure once she gets that contract, and the light at the end of the tunnel shows up, some of her fears will calm down. She’ll be teaching online quite a bit this summer, but there are no guarantees she’ll get a full load of classes to teach, or that any the classes won’t be cancelled. While we can count on her getting some money from that, we won’t know how much until a week or two before the classes start. I feel bad right now, because I can see that she’s tired, but there’s not much more I can do but keep telling her everything will be okay. In addition, she has a meeting at a local college about teaching some courses for them as well, although she said if it’s large lecture style classes, she won’t do it. That I don’t understand. She can teach high school, where there are 25 kids who can bombard you with questions and require large amounts of interaction, but can’t teach college where there is a huge class, with little chance to ask questions and very little interaction. Doesn’t make sense to me, but then again, I’m not a woman, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I saw that NASCAR is miffed at Greg Biffle’s girlfriend for getting all up in Kurt Busch’s girlfriends face. I missed this whole ordeal when I was watching the race this weekend, I think I was taking a shit or something. At any rate, I think it’s kind of funny. Two women, with little to no impact on any aspect of their significant other’s careers, other than to look pretty and not have to work, are all up in each others face. There are some NASCAR women who are true significant others in their men’s relationships. Women that have been with their man since the dirt track days, been with their men when they had to stay at seedy hotels race weekend, women who’ve stayed in un-air conditioned campers in the middle of Kentucky in the heat of August, then there are models who’ve decided to date NASCAR drivers. Needless to say I don’t look highly upon the second type of woman. I remember once hearing Busch’s girlfriend, now fiancĂ©e, saying “It’s been a tough year for us, but we’ve worked hard to get us to where we are in the Chase for the Cup.” I couldn’t help but think, what have you done other than be carted around in a private jet and hang out in an RV the size of a mid town loft? You can take you dyed blonde hair and bionic breasts and go back to L.A. And seriously, how can you even have sex with someone who has the face of Kurt Busch? Don’t tell me you’re with him because “he’s funny.”

That’s the life of a NASCAR driver now. They get to drive cars really fast for a living and bang models. Considering most drivers still look like goobers (Kenseth, Biffle, Busch, Busch 2, and even Jr. look like goobers) that’s not a bad life to live. Maybe I’m just bitter because I sit at a computer all day and the closest thing I come to a model is watching the hot chick at my gym do dumbbell curls.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home