Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Computer News: SNES Emulator on the Mac

I was very pleased to find a OSX version on ZNES last night. For those who don't know, ZNES is the premier Super Nintendo computer emulator. It isn't universal binary though, so I was a bit worried it might not work on my Intel Macbook. I figured I'd give it a shot.

It downloaded fine. It booted up fine. Now was the tough part...would the ROM load. I think the grin on my face stretched from ear to ear as Sim City scrolled up my screen. It hauls ass on the Macbook too, none of the little stutters I experiance on my desktop PC. I think that has more to do with the faster chip than the OS though.

I'm looking forward to getting some Sim City on, playing a bit of Secret of Mana, and maybe going through Final Fanstasy 3 (or 6, depending on what numbering scheme you use) one more time. Should be some good days ahead.

-Steve

1 Comments:

Blogger ? said...

Hello,
nice blog. I'll be back to visit. Hope to see you on mine.
With best wishes

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home