Sunday, August 20, 2006

Observations: Enter the Macbook

Well...I made the switch. Aaron probably thinks I'm a fag for this, but I'm okay with that...thats his issue, not mine.

Anyway, this thing is pretty nice and its cool to finally not be stuck up in my loft on my old desktop.


On the flip side, it's going to be a pain in the ass to migrate my files and stuff to the Macbook. My 300 gig backup drive is not readable by Mac, nor would it be readable by PC if it was formatted for Mac. So, I'll have to figure something out.

However, a lot of my software won't be too big of a problem. I'm ording Office for Mac tomorrow. I only have to pay 20 bucks for it through work due to some program we're in with Microsoft, which is nice. I put FInal Draft on the Macbook too. Actually, I'm taking a bit of a break right now from writing so I can do this entry.


I ended up getting the 2 gig Macbook. It's only got 512 megs of RAM, which is okay for now, but I plan on upgrading that soon. The harddrive is okay, at 60 gigs, but I'll probably upgrade that as well once I get a chance to get my 300 gig back up formatted correctly.

This thing is sexy, I'll tell you that. Right from when you open the box you realize you're not dealing with a PC. Now, I'm not going to get into the OSX vs Windows thing, and which one is better. Each camp has valid arguments and I'm just not going to go there. I simply wanted a change. After a decade of Windows it's over. Now, I am going to put Parallels on here and probably do a Windows and Linux install just for shits and giggles. That's a project a few weeks away though. For now there are bigger things at hand.


You know, one thing that's nice, Bebe hates Macs. HATES THEM! That means that I don't have to worry about her using mine, although I do see her eventually coming around to it. She doens't like change, and she says "Windows is jsut the way it is, people need to learn to deal with that." I know...I know, that's just the way it is.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home