Friday, April 21, 2006

An old friend

Every Friday the office tries to get a good sized group of people to go out to eat. The rest of the week you’ll get groups of two or three people, but on Friday’s there’s usually upwards of six or so. It’s nice, and a good way to get out of the office and blow off some steam in the middle of the day.

Monday is a State holiday, so we all have it off. That means a lot of people took off today as well, so they could swing a four day weekend. There are only about seven people in the office today, so it was just four of us who went out to eat.

We went to this place called Pangea, which was quite good. They deal in salads and sandwiches that combine Asian, Cuba, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern flavors and contents. So, basically, there is something for everyone. Me, being the adventurous person I had, got the Southwestern Salad…yes, I know, I’m boring. The other dishes all had sauces I wasn’t sure if I could trust, so I played it safe, and really enjoyed the spices they used on the chicken.

At any rate, I’m glad we picked this place because I got to see a friend of mine from SCAD.

I haven’t seen Christy in about four or five years. She’s the only friend of mine from SCAD that we’re aware of that lives here in Atlanta. The two of us have exchanged e-mails a few times, but every time her and her husband and Bebe and I tried to get together something fell through. Well, while we were eating today her and some of her work friends pulled up and I went out to greet them. It was a nice surprise and good to see her again.

Christy played basket ball for SCAD and is a big woman. Not “big” like Queen Latifa, but tall. She’s lost a lot of weight and is very slender now, she looks really good. The main reason I actually find this funny is that, beside me and her, most of our old friends have gotten “bigger” so to speak. But, I digress, as that seems to be a part of getting older (along with losing your hair I’ve come to find out).

She said she’s going to do her best to get her husband out of the house and out to have dinner with us. That’ll be nice. Christy is a lot of fun to be around and it’d be cool to share some old stories. Her husband is some sort of engineer, so he’s always trying to get some new type of certification and always has some sort of test to study for. Hopefully they can find some time.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home