Monday, March 13, 2006

Flesh-eating germ kills woman in three days

This one is from the gross out department:
North Carolina nursing assistant cut her finger on a wheelchair
DUNN, N.C. - North Carolina health officials are investigating the death of a woman who died last week of a flesh-eating bacteria three days after accidentally jamming her hand in a wheelchair while working at a nursing home.
Nursing assistant Sharron Bishop, 44, died Feb. 27. A doctor said a rare flesh-eating bacteria may have entered her body through a thumb injury and she turned from healthy to fatally ill.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home