Monday, March 20, 2006

Crappy Weekend

Well, race weekend was a bust. We drove down to Atlanta Motor Speedway yesterday, arriving at about 10:30 or so, in a light drizzle. It stopped raining and we were able to tailgate for a while, drinking brewski's and cooking some food.
 
We got into the track at about 1:00 and watched some kids sing the national anthem. Then, we waited. 4 1/2  hours later NASCAR called the race. Needless to say I was pissed.
 
Three of us went to the race. Myself, my next door neighbor, John, and my good friend Lesko, who flew up from Orlando. My cousin Chris bought a ticket as well but had to back out due to work related issues. Anyway, we all paid and wasted the same 115 dollars for the seats we had, which by the way were awesome.
 
I think what makes me the angriest is that Lesko flew up here for nothing. I mean, it was cool to hang out with him for a few days and go downtown and whatnot, but the race was the main reason he was here. That was the event we planned the weekend for. As long as we saw the race, nothing we did that weekend really mattered. I feel like I let him down.
 
I know there's nothing I could have done about it. Hell, I've been down twice to see him and go to the Pepsi 400 at Daytona and have it rain and rain and rain for that too. However, both times NASCAR ran that race, we didn't leave without seeing it.
 
I'll probably still be cranky for a few days, unless NASCAR isn't able to run the race this week. Then, I'd be able to go to the makeup date and see the race. However, the odds of that are slim to none.
 
On the flip side, I did "win" an XBOX 360 game. We went to the go-kart place Friday night and the radio DJ there from 99X (Axel) was looking for anyone who owned a 360. No one raised their hand. So he asked for anyone who knew someone who owned a 360. I raised my hand, and he gave me Perfect Dark Zero and it's strategy guide. I've got this game, and nothing to play it on. I'm sure I'll get a system eventually, so it's not a total loss.
 
All in all, it was a bummer of a weekend, with the only silver lining being that I got to hang out with my good buddy Lesko and I won a 360 game I can't play.
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home