Friday, March 17, 2006

Big Day Friday

I picked John up from the airport last night. Man, did he look tired. I think I would be too. The guys been drunk for the last 5 days on a cruise. He reached port yesterday morning and was dropped off at the airport all day. Anyway, considering how tired he was, he still looked in good spirits, which is all you can ask for.
 
It as cool having a chance to show him my house and stuff. We had some beers and caught up on old times and whatnot. John's been a good friend, so it was nice to hang out again. He was a bit surprised when I showed him his room and full bathroom. He had expected to be sleeping on a couch all weekend. I was like, "Dude, this is my house, I'm not going to make you cough it when I have a guest bedroom and guest bathroom."
 
I decided to come into work for half a day instead of taking the whole day off. Two reasons for this. First, John won't even be awake until 11 or 12 today, right about when I'd get home. Second, I don't have any time off so I have to make up for this time by working extra next week. I'd much rather just make up 3 or 4 hours than 8 hours.
 
I'm getting nervous about the race Sunday, the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate with us, which is a big time bummer. John, myself, and my cousin Chris have all been to a race before. However, my next door neighbor hasn't, so I'm worried rain will soil his first experience and he won't want to go again. It's going to be chilly too, only 50 degrees or so, which is an additional bummer. I'd rather be too hot than too cold.
 
My first project here at work was received well, which makes me feel good since I was nervous about it. We've decided on some changes, which will take a bit of time, but nothing too big that I cant take care of in a day or so. Fortunately, none of them will force me to have to modify my functional spec much, which will save me a lot of work.
 
Haven't had a chance to finish A Better Tomorrow 3 yet. I'll finish my review when I do.
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home