Friday, October 21, 2005

Today is my birthday...

I'm 27 today, and I can honestly say I fell older. Not in that "man am I sore" kind of way but that "I feel like an adult" kind of way. I slept really well last night too, which I think may have a lot to do with how I feel today. I was driving to work this morning, and maybe it was because of the song on my stereo, but I just felt different, at ease, calm. I felt like, for some reason, the job I was going to, as much as I don't like it, is not really part of me. My life, as it stands right now, isn't it for me and I'm going to experience much much more.
 
I started my next screenplay while I wait for my friend in L.A. to look at the latest draft of my other one. I'm about five pages into it and I think it's going to be really good. As I mentioned in my summary a few weeks back, it's more of a psychological thriller, with a bit of a love story tossed in, and some excitement. The more I think about it the more the pieces start to fall into place. It's weird though, I used to try and imagine where people would get these ideas for these crazy movies that are made. To be honest, it's not that hard. Just think of an odd or disturbing situation, and expand from that. That's what happened with this story. I thought up a man who woke up inside someone else, or so they think, and I just expanded out. I figured out what is needed to make that situation plausible, thought up supporting characters, and just went from there. Once I got that down, everything else sort of filled itself in. Then again, I've always been known for having a very vivid imagination, so maybe it is harder than that.
 
Should be a nice day out, and I'm looking forward to it. After I get done with work, it's off to Bailey's for drinks with the work crew and Bebe. After that, I'm going to Hollywood video, rent a game and a movie, stop at Publix to get some wine or beer, and I'm off to enjoy a nice birthday weekend. Should be a good one.
 
-O
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home