Tuesday, October 18, 2005

On to bigger and better things

For the first time in a long time I didn't watch WWE Monday Night Raw live last night. I recorded it on my DVR, so I'll check it out later this week or something. There are a few reasons for this. First, the product has just been sub par for the past several months and I'm getting sick of it. On a two hour live program there is maybe 30 minutes of actual wrestling. I've just decided this is unacceptable. Second, there is a new wrestling promotion on national TV. TNA Wrestling airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Spike TV. It's a one hour show with at least 40 minutes or wrestling, and good wrestling too, not stupid matches. It's a smart wrestling program with fresh faces, fresh angles, and phenomenal in ring action. 
 
At any rate, I didn't have the show on last night which gave me time to work on my script. I finished editing the most recent red lined version of Draft 3, which is nice. I'd been sitting on that for a while now, so I was glad to wrap that up. I had some cool ideas about a plot device that I introduced in this draft, but I'm not really satisfied with yet, that will help me get closer to what I think is a more polished product. So, I'm going to dive back in and revise an important scene pretty drastically in order to use this device a bit more. When I get that finished, I'll red line it again and then send it off to my friend Ryley out in L.A.
 
After that I'm going to get started on the other screenplay that I mentioned a few weeks ago. This will give Ryley a while to find time to read through draft 3 and then provide some feedback. It took him about a month or so when I sent him Draft 2 to look at. This will give me a good amount of time to really start to put this new project together. I think it's a really great idea and I've been able to figure out some of my story problems, so I should be able to dive right in, knowing exactly what I want.
 
Had a few palps while at the gym yesterday. The interesting thing, they didn't feel the same as the ones I usually have. They felt, lighter, not as hard...if that makes any sense. Either way, I'll be sending my monitor back tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get the results a short time after that.
 
-O 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home