Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Transformers The Movie News: Pictures Gallore!

Okay, so here is the last round of pictures I was able to find. If you checked this blog at all last night then you saw this post without text. I'm not sure what happened, so I'm putting some words up again.

At any rate, I don't know who this tank is, but I suspect it might be Megatron. I know he's been a tank in some of the comic books, but I don't really know too much else about that. For physical reasons they simply couldn't make him a big ass hand gun anymore. Not to mention a realistic looking toy that looks like a hand gun couldn't be made and marketed the same way it was back in the 80s, although the original Megatron was wicked cool.

I think this tank looks pretty neato, even if it doesn't turn out to be Megatron. Although Bay has said he wants to stay as true to the Transformers series as he could, hes never said what transformers series that is. There are different generations (i.e G1, G2, G3) and comic book universes and even a Japanese version called Convoy. All of these are based on the same Transformers we all know in love, but each has it's own style and substance.

In the end I don't know how close it will be to the cartoon, how close it will be to verious comics, or whatever. It could turn out to be another Masters of the Universe, or it could turn out to be a Hellboy or Sin City. There's just no knowing until the next trailer comes out or we learn some more.

Back to the tank, it certainly looks impressive. It's also very big. You can see it in relation to the cab of the big rig pulling it. Big rigs are big, and this thing is easily three or four times that size. That means one big robot. This makes sense though, because Prime's truck is big, and we'd need the main villian and hero roughly the same size for their battles to look any good.

Now, I have no idea who "Bonecrusher" is or who's side he's on. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that he's a Decepticon, but I've got nothing to back that up right now. He just...I don't know, looks like a Decepticon. Her certainly doesn't look like any truck I've seen before. I'm not too sure what that "arm" thing is that's on the side of it. The truck certaintly looks modified with extra parts that look functional but are probably there so that when he transforms he's got a weapon, or something.

The Bonecrusher logo looks gay. Well, not gay, but sily at the least. It does have a very military look to it, as if some grunts painted it on, so maybe it wasn't by his choice. You can see the graphic on the back rear panel of the truck on the image to the right. Below is a close up of the logo itself. I don't know, maybe it's not to bad looking. I've heard that this logo shows up on more places than just on this vehicle.

"Where else?" you ask? I'll have more on that later. There is reason to believe that there are some non Autobot or Decepticon Transformers in the movie. I know, I know, that sounds dumb, but think about that for a moment. In the movie and time and time again in the series new robots were found that didn't fit the typical "Autobot" or "Decepticon" mold, so this really isn't THAT out of the ordinary.

Take the Dinobots for example. They weren't exactly Autobots at first. As a matter of fact, I think they fought with the Autobots the first time everyone met. I know Grimlock was a pretty tough cookie, he was always one of my favorites.

These non Transformer transformers might be man made creations. Wouldn't it be cool if while all the stuff is going down, the real shit is hitting the fan, out army guys are like "General, here is our line of defense, I give you the "Armybots." These four robots walk up looking all cool and stuff but are obviously man made, and thus really just glorified computers. Then, they're sent out on the battle field to take on the Autobots, because, you know, the Army ALWAYS gets it wrong in the movies and attacks the good guys first. Then, the Decepticon's show up and beat the hell out of the Armybots, showing up we have no idea what we're doing. That'd be pretty neat.

I'll have the pictures of the "futuristic" vehicles that lead me to believe something like this might be happening later. I've got to go back home and get the images off my local PC first. Also, I'll put up the image of Ironhide's shoulder/leg/back (we really don't know). It's not as dramatic as the Prime stuff, but it's still neat. In addition, there is some fan art of Optimus that shows that even with the "Bay" version of the transformers they can still look like Transformers. Much like the Bumble Bee concept art, it helped to calm me down. They even have coloring that is similar to the red, blue, and flames stuff.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home