Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ugh, shrimp fried rice....again?

The more I play Half Life 2, this more I wish I had a computer than could run the PC version. It really is a fun single player first person shooter game, and that is a rarity these days. This was a game designed from the ground up with the single player in mind, and it shows. Mind you, in the XBOX version there is no multiplayer, but the PC version of HL and HL2 quite infamous for it. After all, HL has a mod that is the most widely played multiplayer game on the web (Counterstrike). Anyway, I’ve got tonight to try and beat it. I don’t know if I can pull this off, since I have no idea how much further I have to go, but I’ll give it my best.

On to more pressing issues, did you hear that the lead prosecutor for the Jack Abramoff case has been appointed a seat on the Federal bench? This seems a bit suspicious to me, especially since it’s in the midst of the whole investigation. I mean, sure, they got Jack to confess and he’s squealing like a pig right now, but this can’t help their case about everyone else tied to the investigation. I don’t think I like the smell of this, not one bit.

So, I’ve got this video iPod, right, I mean I’ve talked about it plenty of times before since I got it. It’s great, got all my music on it and stuff, but I’ve got one problem…I have no idea how to erase stuff that’s on it. Granted, I haven’t bothered to look up any help, and usually I can just tinker around with thinks and bit and figure them out, but in this case I don’t even see anything in iTunes that hints at how to do this. It’s not like I’m running out of room, but I’ve got a lot of crappy low quality MP3 on there that I’ve since bought the actual songs and albums for so I want to replace them. Problem is, I don’t know how to remove the original crappy music. So now I’ve got two versions of songs on there, a good legal one, and a bad illegal one. Actually, some of the illegal versions are at a high bit rate, so they are quality, but I think you get my point.

In other news, my pops will be in town Wednesday night. This should be neat. I’ve been seeing a lot of my parents lately. Pops has an interview with a company here in Atlanta and if he gets it, he’ll probably be up here quite a bit. It’ll be nice to see him again, even if just for a few hours since he’ll be leaving Thursday after his interview. Hopefully I’ll have some news for him on how my interview went.

That’s right, tomorrow is the big day, interview number two. I’m a bit nervous. First, because I really think I’d like working there. Second, because I’m scared that since it’s a state job the pay is not what I want. Third, I really want the job because I want to get out of where I am so much right now. I just hope that if I’m there, and I “pass” this round, they make me an offer. I’d like to be able to give notice on Thursday and just get this over with. It’ll give me closure so to speak.

-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home