Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hey yo

Well,
 
The interview on Wednesday went well. However, just because it went well doesn't mean that I will match what they are looking for. The job was with the state, which I didn't know for sure going in, but had speculated on. Anyway, the people I met with were nice and it seemed like a cool place to work. In a small organization like the one I interviewed with, they tend to be picky about who they add to their teams, the person has to be just right. So, I've got to pass the people and the skills test. MY "prospective" boss seemed nice, but I had a hard time reading the three people from his team I met with. While I'm sure I'll get along with them fine if I was there, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so lets hope they liked me too.
 
Not a whole lot else going on. I didn't get into work until around 8:30-8:45 yesterday. I usually post in the early mornings, so I was out of my rhythm, which is why I didn't post anything other than those pics of the girl with big hooters.
 
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the current untitled script I'm working on. This is the quasi time travel thriller I've talked about. I'm about 50 pages in and figure my first draft will be around 130 or so. I already know a lot of things I'm going to go back and rework, but surprisingly, I think I've been able to put through a pretty concrete and well paced story thus far. I'm going to do a lot of work on it this weekend and I'd like to at least have the first draft done by next week. I don't have much else to do writing wise until I hear back from Ryley on "Bystander."
 
My 4th draft of that is complete and it's getting better and better each time. When I say "better" I don't mean entertainment wise, but from a growth perspective. I mean, I think it's a neat idea for a story, but have no idea if anyone else really feels that way. From a writing standpoint, I feel that with each draft my writing is getting better and better, if you know what I mean.
 
I filed my taxes this weekend. Not sure if I mentioned that or not. Going to get some decent money back this year. The first time I've got any good amount of write offs. Buying a house has some nice privileges.
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home