Friday, April 01, 2005

Words from our President

This is my favorite Bushism ever. I don't think any will ever beat it. Here is W, standing in front of a big crowd, working it. He's on a real roll. Got that shit eating grin on his face and everything. Then he decides to shoot from the hip, go on a bit of a tangent from what is in front of him on the teleprompter, and it all went a little bit like this:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee--I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on (pause)--shame on you. Fool me (another pause)--you can't get fooled again."
--Nashville, Tennessee; September 17, 2002.

How the hell can you sit in a crowd and listen to this guy say something we've all heard since we were like eight, and screw it up and still vote for him? Jesus Christ, what is it with this guy? I mean, the only thing I can think of that would be worse is if he somehow managed to screw up the, "If your buddy jumped off a bridge would you?" line every kids hears from his Dad at one point or another.

Man....

-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home