Saturday, August 05, 2006

Movie News: Transformer Footage

Okay, got the link to this stuff from AintItCoolNews.com, which lead to another site, which lead to Michael Bay's official web blog. Evidently, Access Hollywood was allowed on the set and more importantly allowed to see some animated story boards for the film. Most of the clip is live action stuff, but I want to point a few things out.

First, you'll notice that there is a yellow Camaro in this shot. That is Bumble Bee. Yes, I know, Bumble Bee is a VW Bug...but in this, it's going to be a Camaro as I've posted earlier. Now, this confirms a few things that have been reported about the movie. The movie opens with a kid and his dad shopping for a used car. People have been saying that the used car is Bumble Bee, which I think is a good idea since Spike and Bumble Bee in the cartoon had a great relationship, Bumble Bee might have been a VW Bug but he was tough so I like that's he's going to have a big role in the movie. At any rate, my pictures of the Camaro and Bumble Bee robot were of a new Camaro. How could this be? There is something in the movie that dictates why this occurs and its supposed to be important.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's something similar to what happened in the first episode of the cartoon. Most people forget, but in the first episode the Autobots ship crash lands on Earth in the past. Then, when the Decepticons arrive there are these machines that wake up and go out and find bits and pieces of vehicles of the day and use them to reconstruct the wounded and sleeping Autobots. That's why they look like out vehicles. Once the Transformers series moves back to Cybertron you got to see Transformers who didn't have Earth parts on them and they all sort of looked quasi futuristic and stuff.

Anyway, back to my point. I'm going to go with the idea that Bumble Bee gets hurt somehow and these same robots repair him. Except this time, the parts they need are from the new model Camaro (the one that's not actually out yet) and rebuild him that way. Why do I think this? Because he's involved in the shots here where he saves some person from a Decepticon. More on that later.

The second thing I noticed in this footage is when the guy jumps on the hood some sort of construction equipment pins him down. I'm going to go out on a limb here but I think this is our first indication that the Constructicons are going to be in this. Maybe it's just one of them, maybe all six of them are present, but this is defiantly some sort of construction equipment so it only makes sense.

Third, in the animated storyboards you see a car transform with some guy cowering below it. Then the camera come buy and tail whips the legs out from under it. I believe this transformer is the Decepiton cop car that's a Dodge Charger. I don't know the name of it, but I've seen shots of the car and know that it's a bad guy. I believe the overall scene here is Bumble Bee coming to the rescue of some human who's about to get taken out by the Decepticons. Then, for whatever reason Bumble Bee is stuck in car mode and thus can't really fight. He saves the human but gets whooped pretty badly, which is why he's repaired and then looks like the new Camaro.

Without further ado, here is the footage. I don't know if this will get yanked from YouTube or not, but I'm going to watch it when it's on TV.



-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home