Sunday, August 06, 2006

Movie News: More Transformer Pictures!


That truck to the left is non other than Iron Hide from the new live action Transformers movie. I've been doing some digging on the internet today and found some pictures I thought were interesting. Mainly of note was that I was not aware that Iron Hide was going to be in the movie. To be honest, I can't really remember what Iron Hide was like in the cartoon but I figure a picture from the show might help jog your memories as well.

Obviously, the picture to the right is what Iron Hide looked like in the cartoon. He was somewhat or a minivan, and evidently a good friend of Prime's. On a side note, that may turn out to be something bigger, Iron Hide was also voiced by Peter Cullen (the voice of Prime). Therefore, it is possible that Cullen may also do the voice for Iron Hide in the movie as well, but this doesn't seem likely to me. There's no reason for it, other than to save money, and having someone else do the voice really won't cause anyone to get all upitty about it like they were going to get if someone else did Prime's voice.

Now, GMC truck from the movie and minivan from the cartoon don't look anything alike. I have no idea how the new Iron Hide is going to look transformed, but I assume it's only a matter of time before that comes to light. What I do like about this "new" Iron Hide is that they didn't go with a future truck or anything. It looks like a very real truck you could see driving on the road.

Also of interesting note is that you can see the Autobots logo on the truck gate. THis is the first time I've seen that on any of the pictures I've come across. It might be an indication that the logo will appear on all the autobots as well. I haven't seen anything on the Prime picture or on any of the Bumble Bee stuff, but I do know that on the Dodge Charger (or I've been told Ford Mustang) decepticon police cruiser the decepticon logo is easily seen on the door panel. So, who knows? Personally I think this truck looks pretty tough and I'm interested to see what they do with the transformation.

I'm going to do some mroe digging to see if I can find the decpticon police cruiser shots I've seen. It will help when looking at the Access Hollywood footage to see if my theory on what robot is in that shot would hold up or not.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home