Friday, April 28, 2006

Big weekend ahead

I’m heading to Savannah, Georgia this weekend with Bebe for a little mini vacation. We’re meeting up with some old friends of mine that I went to Savannah College of Art and Design with. I’m staying at the Marshall House, which is a nice historic hotel in historic downtown Savannah. The Marshall House is near city market and provides a great location within the city, I shouldn’t have to drive much, if at all.

It will be weird seeing some of these people for the first time in a while. I left SCAD the summer of 99, opting to continue my education at University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL. I’m still unsure if leaving SCAD was the right choice or not, but it was something I had to do as there were several factors contributing to me not being able to stay there. I’ve only been back to Savannah twice to visit. Once I drove up for Spring break, another time to visit some friends for a few days during forth of July. After that I lost touch with most of my friends that went there for one reason or another.

Then, thanks to MySpace, I’ve been able to get in touch with many of them and we planned this little reunion. It should be a good time and I’m looking forward to it. Bebe and I only stayed in Savannah one night on our way to visit my parents in Charleston. We stayed on the beach and I wasn’t really able to show her around at all, so this will be nice since it’s warm out and I have the time to really show her around, as well as see all the changes that have taken place at SCAD since I left.

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home