Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back from vacation

I'm back from vacation.
 
I can tell you that I was not looking forward to coming back to work. As with most people, I don't like my job. I do enjoy the people I work with, or at least most of them, but the job itself offers little rewarding experiences and hostile customers more often than not. I'm constantly feeling like I'm having to clean up messes cause by other people or myself.
 
It's not exactly the best place to look forward to going to.
 
At any rate, this mornings drive got me to thinking, I'm not supposed to be doing this. I sat around at home yesterday in an odd mood. I couldn't put my finger on it. Why did I feel weird. Then I realized it, I didn't want to go to work. At the time I didn't want to go to work tomorrow. I wanted to write, I wanted to draw, I wanted to do something for myself.
 
I think I'm at a turning point in my adult life that I've been ignoring for the past few months. If I don't do something soon, I'm going to be stuck in this rut for the rest of my life. Maybe not here at my current job, but somewhere, and it's going to last a long time. For me, the problem is simple, I enjoy using my brain and making decisions. Unfortunately, my current job has a lot of people who don't like to use their brain or make decisions. It's driving me crazy. But aside from that, my job just sucks.
 
So, I'm going to put all my time and effort into my screenplays, with a little bit of NASCAR and video games on the side, so that I can get out of this place. It's going to take time and a lot of work, but if anything can get me to a place where I enjoy doing what I do, it's my writing.
 
Here goes nothing.
 
-O
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home