Thursday, June 23, 2005

Bill O'Riley said what?

Fox News Anchor, and host of the syndicated The Radio Factor With Bill O'Riley, said this week:
 
"Any American that undermines that war with our soldiers in the field or undermines the war on terror is a traitor. So, all those clowns over at the liberal radio network, we can incarcerate them immediately. Would you have that done please? Send over the FBI and just put them in chains? Because they, you know, they're undermining everything, and they don't care."
 
Now, he was referring to Air America Radio, and probably more specifically at The Al Franken Show host Al Franken. This bugs me because it is a sentiment that is shared and repeated along the right side of the political spectrum, that those who question the war effort or it's motives are somehow traitors, or not patriotic? I mean, what the fuck is this, right?
 
Why is it bad to ask questions? Why is it bad to question how effectively people are waging war? It's only our friends, neighbors, family, parents, and spouses over there fighting right? How dare we try to look out for their best interests? It really pisses me off, what a bunch of crap.
 
Jesse Ventura said it best when he plays a clip of a bunch of talking heads jabbering about the war during this commercial for www.OpTruth.Org when he says, "This is the sound of a bunch of people who know nothing about what war is really like." Bill's never been over there. I mean, shit, he hasn't even gone on a USO tour. Not one. At least Franken has done three or four of those since this war started. You can add Ann Coulter to that list as complaining about people speaking out against the war as being treasonists but yet never having been on a USO tour.
 
I have four fraternity brothers in Iraq right now. Four guys who I know are probably going to see combat at one time or another. These are people who matter to me, people whom with a share a deep common and personal bond. And they are in danger, each and every day, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be criticized because I'm concerned for their well being. These are real people over there, fighting for a cause many here question as just or not. I want my friends to come home so they can start families and have the lives they are entitled to live. We are not under a threat by Iraq, never were, and yet they fight for them, my friends fight for those people, to make their lives better. I just want to make sure they are allowed to live their lives when this is all over.
 
The day I our elected officials, and these bullshit talking heads, send their own kids over to fight their wars is the day I actually listen to them when they tell me what I can and can't say about our government.
 
Bill O'Riley, you can eat my ass.
 
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home