Tuesday, February 08, 2005

*Sniff* *Sniff* You smell that?

Today’s quote from President Bush:

“I want to thank you for coming to the White House to give me an opportunity to urge you to work with these five senators and three congressmen, to work hard to get this trade promotion authority moving. The power that be, well most of the power that be, sits right here.”

--Washington, D.C.; June 18, 2001


On to the news…

I get my news from a few sources. The first is NPR's Morning Edition on my drive to work. The second is various talk radio shows I listen to during the day while I’m at work. The third is various web sites I browse in spare moments while at work to catch any big headlines. The fourth is NPR All Things Considered on my drive home from work. Sometimes I catch NPR’s Market Watch if I’m at work late enough.

On a crazy day for me, such as today, it’s easy for me to not have a chance to catch any of these. I listened to Morning Edition on the way to work. Once I got to work though, it was a crazy day and I was in and out of my office all day. So, I wasn’t able to listen or read about to much. I’m sort of out of the loop.

However, I did come across this story on Time.Com. I found it pretty interesting and disgusting. It’s hard though, because I don’t want to be angry at the troops over there. I know there are to many things they are asked to do they cannot control. I have to always remind myself that there is a chain of command and it is those calling the shots at the Defense Department at those running the civil things in Irag that are to blame for these items. This sort of stuff should be happening on the US’s watch. Back in the day we could say, “Hey, we don’t mess with this sort of stuff. We’re the US. If we catch you, we’ll take care of you. We might like not doing it, but we will.” We can no longer say things like this and I find it unfortunate. The US should always be able to say that, and until recently I always thought we would be able to.

-Awww crap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home