Monday, January 03, 2005

Don’t touch it! It’s pure concentrated evil!

This really scares me.

I’ll tell you why it scares me. It scares me because this can be applied to Americans before we know it, if it doesn’t already.

I mean, this is crazy! We’re the United States of America for Christ sake! And when I invoke the lord’s name I’m trying to get through to the reds here. We don’t’ do stuff like this. China does stuff like this. North Korea does stuff like this. Somalia does stuff like this. South Africa did stuff like this. Cuba does stuff like this. Not the U.S. We’re supposed to be better than that.

The White House said they will be "indefinitely imprisoning suspected terrorists whom they do not want to set free or turn over to courts in the United States or other countries." In other words, they don’t want to be bothered by rules and standards the rest of the world has to adhere too.

Another reason why I don’t like this is because it gives other countries a legitimate reason to do the same to our troops, which I’m sure are “terrorists” in their eyes. We’ve already decided that we no longer adhere to international regulations on torture. So I guess this was only the next logical step. It’s the same thing though. The reason we don’t allow torture was so that when our soldiers are captured, they’re not tortured. Words can’t even begin to describe how furious I am about this.

It’s also scary because what’s to say they can’t hold Americans indefinably without charging them? What happens if something like this slips in under the radar in the next omnibus spending bill? Are we truly at 1984?

On a lighter note, the “Moral Majority” is really stupid; now let me tell you why. In case you haven’t heard, the current trend in the House is to lax ethics standards, or to make it harder to bring up ethics violations charges against members of the House. This is a Republican issue; the reds are pushing for this.

Now, this is what I don’t get. The reds are the party of Christ, correct? They are also concerned with ethics and morals more than the blues, right? One would venture that a group so concerned with walking in the steps of Christ would not have to worry about sin? Sure, no one expects them to be perfect, but a man or woman of Christ would know when a choice they make is bad enough for others to think it violates the ethics of their position? Am I wrong here or am I simply not understanding why a people who claim to be morally superior to blues need to worry about ethics?

If these people are so good, then why would they need to worry about ethics at all? Let alone making it harder to have ethics charges brought against them. These people shouldn’t be having ethics standards issues brought against them, they’re too righteous to commit acts worthy of those claims, right? And even if they are accused, surely a person of Christ would be found innocent, God would see to that, wouldn’t she?

I have one word to describe these people, hypocrites. Imagine what would have happened if the Blues tried to change what was needed to impeach a President when in office? Why is it okay to change ethics standards because Delay is under attack? This smells of bad fish, let me tell you. “Moral Majority” my ass, I need a t-shirt that says that.

Don’t get me started on the tsunami aide. What a cheap bastard. Now there’s a cause to go into debt over, not some stupid war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home