Monday, July 24, 2006

Saturday at the Lake

My friend Brad’s birthday was this past weekend and he had a bunch of people up to his lake house north east of Macon, Georgia to hang out for the weekend. He had several people from out of town there that I hadn’t seen since the good old days back at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Some people were thinner, some people were thicker, but aside from appearances everyone was still the same as I remember them.

There was quite a bit to do at the lake house other than eating and drinking. For one, there were four jet skis. I’ve only ridden on a jet ski a few times, each time with someone else driving, and was very interested in getting behind the controls of one of Brad’s. So, after a hotdog and a beer, I put on my life jacket and took off.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, not really being familiar with how the jet ski controlled or the feel behind it, and took it pretty easy my first time out. The one I was on could only get up to around 50mph or so, which was plenty fast enough for a first time out. The water was smooth and I had a good time, but as soon as we got back I wanted to go ride again.

A hotdog, beer, and hamburger later, I was out on the water again. This ride didn’t last as long, due to rain, but I was much more confident this time around, taking turns more aggressively, and going over wake with less caution. It was a good time.

After the rain subsided, things cleared up, and the wind died down, I was back out on the water, this time on one of the faster ones. I could get this jet ski up to over 60mph, and it was awesome. There’s something so incredible about standing up on a jet ski going 60mph, with the wind whipping up behind you and the buzz of the motor providing the only soundtrack to your experience. It was a good time.

The only down side is that my leg and back muscles are a bit sore. I’m glad I lift weights or who knows how much more sore I might be if I wasn’t used to using those muscles on a regular basis. Most of the pain is in my butt and outside tight, and my lats hurt too, but it’s nothing too painful.

All in all, I had a great time out on the lake and enjoying hanging out with my friends again.

-Steve

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home