Friday, December 02, 2005

Out of town this weekend

No real updates this week.
 
Work has just been too darn busy.
 
I'm still trying to get a decent picture of Bebe's ring, as soon as I do so I'll put it online.
 
I'm heading to Orlando today so I can go to the Citrus Bowl this weekend and watch my UCF Golden Nights take on the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes in the Conference USA Championship game at noon on Saturday!
 
This is such a HUGE deal for my college. We moved up to Division 1-A in football about ten years ago. We had some "decent" teams and managed to produce Dante Culpepper. Since then, it's been pretty lackluster. At one point this season we were on a 0-15 losing streak. Then the boys turned it around and have since made it all the way to the championship game.
 
So far advance ticket sales have been 50,000 which is unheard of for UCF. Our record was for a Virginia Tech game in 2000, and most of those tickets were to Virginia Tech fans. These tickets however, are mostly UCF fans! It's going to be crazy and they expect a big number of walk up sales as well.
 
If UCF wins, and I'm sure we will, we're probably going to the Liberty Bowl, although there is nothing set in stone that Liberty will invite us. Basically, Liberty has it's pick of it's CUSA teams first, and a few other bowls will have to pick after them. I'm hoping Liberty does the right thing and takes us, and not someone else with a worse record. It's possible we'll end up in Hawaii at the Aloha Bowl, or whatever it's called, and that would suck since no one would travel out there.
 
At any rate, a lot of guys are coming in from out of town this weekend and it will be good to see everyone. I'm really looking forward to it.
 
-O
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home