Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Scare on the Ice

I was flipping through the channels last night and browsing the internet for sports scores when I heard about Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jiri Fischer suffering a seizure on the ice during their game.

Being from the greater Detroit metro area originally, I’m a big Red Wings fan and try to catch as many games as I can, so I was very concerned to hear about Jiri. A seizure, so abrupt, and out of no where, is a very scary event for anyone to witness.

It immediately reminded me of the time I was helping one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, Scott Hall, and his two kids try on shoes when I was working at Champ Sports. I remember it very vividly, like it was yesterday, Scott was laughing about how big his kids feet had gotten and he looked up at the TVs in the store. Then, out of no where, I heard him make a weird gasp and fall to the ground. He started to seize severely, hitting his head and cutting it open slightly. After a brief moment, I hurried the kids to the side, moved everything out of the way so he could continue to seize without hitting anything, and immediately called for my store manager to call 911.

Scott was okay, and a bit shaken up, obviously. Fortunately, unlike
Jiri, there was no need to use a defibrillator or any form of CPR. I never found out why Scott had that seizure, nor did I find out if he’s had one since. I do know it was a scary experience for me, and I’m sure one that has stayed with his son and daughter their whole life.

I’m glad to hear Jiri is doing well and expected to make a full recovery. Thanks to the swift actions of the paramedics on the scene, Jiri will be okay.

In light of everything else going on lately, it was nice to get at bit of good news for a change.

-O

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY YO?!

DUH, I GONNA BEATSH JOO UP MENG.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home