Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Clutches suck ass

Just heard back from the shop, repairs will probably cost me between 600-800 bucks, depending on parts costs. Amazingly enough, this was significantly cheaper than anyone else around, so I told them to go ahead and do the work. I considered just trading my car in and putting the 1000.00 or so bucks I still owe toward a new car, but I don’t have anything else wrong with this one, and it’s not transmission or engine related, it’s just the clutch. The man said based on what he looked at, as long as I continue to service my car he doesn’t see anything else going bad, and noted that the transmission looks good and shouldn’t need any service any time soon. The clutch on the other hand was toasted, he’s not sure if I’ll need both my master and slave cylinder replaced.

At any rate, I’m not happy about this but what are you going to do?

-Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home