Sunday, August 21, 2005

A new feature

I'm going to try penning a few new columns for the site now in
addition to the random news clips and funny pictures and whatnot I
post.

The first new column is going to be called Box Office News. This is
for several reasons.

First, I've been quite bust writing a few screen plays. I'm recently
went back to the first one I wrote and am working on a third draft.
Who knows, maybe one day it will turn out to be more than just a
hobby...probably not. A boy can dream, can't he?

Second, one of my best friends in the world, Rylend Grant, actually
works in the entertainment industry, currently penning the screenplay
for a remake of the French Film L'Enfer. I don't know the name of the
production company it is for but Penelope Cruz is involved, mainly
from the ground up, and she is either the head or the co-head of the
production company. I think she will be playing the lead role as well.
At any rate, this is his first big deal...so I'm really excited for
him because he is amazingly talented and has busted his ass for the
last several years trying to make it in the dog eat dog worls that is
L.A.

Third, I actually went to school to study film. The whole idea was
that I got my degree from my school, Ryley from his (which was
University of Michigan), and we'd meet up out in L.A. Well, Ryley did
his part as you can see. Me? I transfered, got a B.A. in English, and
now work as a Business Consultant at a software company. Yay me, huh?

At any rate...there are a few other columns I'd like to start penning
as well and over the course of the next few weeks I might add them in.

Until then, stay black America!
-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home