Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well said Randi, well said

Just got this in a mass e-mail from talk show host Randi Rhodes and thought I'd share it with you.
 
MESSAGE FROM RANDI
Click for Pics06.15.2005

Greeting from Phoenix!

It's 111 degrees Fahrenheit as I type this…my fingers are sticking to the keys. But it's a dry heat; you know, like a kiln.

As I walked out of the Barry Goldwater Memorial Terminal (seriously) at Sky Harbor Airport, I couldn't help but think about how many so-called Goldwater-Conservatives actually STILL believe that Sen. Goldwater and the Bushies are cut from the same cloth.

In fact, it was this 1964 Goldwater quote that came to mind:

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in A, B, C, and D. Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?

Terri Schiavo, stem-cells, corporatist judges, purposefully lying "journalists," Downing Street Memos, etc, etc, etc. ENOUGH! Regardless of your party affiliation, how much more are you going to take?! And more importantly, how much more can we afford to take?

Thank you for listening.

Love ALLways,

Randi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home