Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Scary news for Internet Espionage

I caught wind of this story yesterday and the more I think about it the more concerned I am. Just imagining a warehouse full of zombie PCs in China ready to strike down any target in the US they want makes me worried. I don’t know what kind of counter measures we have in store, but I’m going to assume that the people who need to be calling the shots on that sort of stuff are not the ones in those positions right now.

 

“The State Department is investigating "anomalies" in its unclassified computer system, the agency said Tuesday, declining to comment on a report that the department's computers had been hacked.

The Associated Press said the State Department detected large-scale break-ins of its computers last month in its headquarters and offices that deal with China and North Korea.”

 

You can read the whole article here.

-Steve

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home